Friday 5 June 2009

Husband vs. Wife

I thought I would share a funny Story with you today.


My Husband never cared about coupons or sales. If he wanted something he bought it. I on the other hand have always been addicted to Sales and coupons.

My favorite words (that seemed to always score me an eye roll) do you have a coupon for that.

The last 4 months I have been scoring big time @ the stores and our stockpile is growing with little out of pocket. Sam has seen this and is starting to realize the value of a coupon or free items.

A couple days ago Sam was reading that when you bought 2 bags of candy you got a free red box code. (a free movie rental) He kept reminding me of this offer and because I hadn't figured out a fantastic deal I wasn't really interested. We found ourselves @ Albertson's together and the last two things he put in the cart were 2 big bags of Mars candy $7.99 each. ($15.98 for candy! I didn't really care because he was paying) after we payed we waited for the code to print but nothing. With a disappointed husband we headed home and realized we had purchased the wrong brand. I had assured him I would return the chocolate and purchase the Hershey's brand.

I made my way back to the Store today with candy in hand the sweet Lady at customer service was in shock when she handed me $15.98 . She was thinking who in their right mind would buy 2 bags of candy for $15.98? But she doesn't know my Husband . I love that he is trying and that he sees the potential in a good deal he just needs more practice.

I decided to put his money to good use! He wanted a free DVD rental so I got him 2!

I spent $14.68 for everything pictured.

When you buy 2 Hershey bags get a free Red Box DVD Rental

Dryers Dibs 2/$5 buy $15 worth get a free Ice Cream + a DVD rental

I also had a coupon (code) for a Free loaf of French Bread

I used only 3 /$1coupons that I doubled total $6 off.

Hershey deal I don't believe is worth it but I might do the Ice Cream one again. With doubles it makes the dibs $1.50 each. great price plus you get a container of Ice Cream free.

And this is why I try not to take my Husband shopping. Unless he's paying!! LOL

No comments: