Friday 22 May 2009

Prescriptions & Gift Cards

I have been interested how people can "get paid" to fill perscriptions.
The other day, with perscription and coupon for a $10 gift card in hand I headed to Target. As we arrived I looked down at the coupon and realized it was clearly a K-Mart coupon (what was I thinking!!). Not wanting to waste the trip I decided to see if they would honor it anyway's. They nicely turned me away and said to watch out for their coupons in a few weeks. A little frusterated with my own inability to get the right Store. I stopped at a nearby Rite-aid, in their ad they had coupons for $25 gift cards (on a transferred perscription) I stopped at the entrance and thumbed through the Ad...NO COUPON! I decided to ask anyways and if the answer was yes I would have ran home and then gone back. My first question was could I use the $25 coupon on a new perscription?...Answer...No
2. Would they match K-Marts coupon?.....Answer...No..I would have to go to K-Mart.
So I started to gather my stuff and a Pharmasist (who was following our conversation) stopped me and asked where I was going to get my perscription filled. I said, I guess I'm going to K-Mart. He said in a quiet voice "I'll do it for you" My jaw hit the floor! Really! For the $10 or the $25 ?He said the $25 I then reminded him that I didn't have the coupon he said no worries. Since I am a new customer he would do this for me.
(He reminded me at least twice that this was not normal practice)
So I paid $6 something for my perscription and recieved a $25 gift card. Yahoo!
***
Don't be afraid to Ask!
And Never be afraid to walk away you never know who will fight for you!

2 comments:

julia said...

Cindy,
you are amazing! keep up the good work.
Julia

Petersens said...

Hello, I'm Myke Petersen, just moved to Wapato ward and heard about this site in relief society. I just got a coupon in the mail from target, that said if I filled out a baby registry(I'm pregnant) they'd give me a $20 dollar gift certificate. Probably the easiest $20 Dollars I ever made.(even if I don't use the registry.)