Thursday 23 April 2009

Safeway Living Well Promotion

I have had Tons of Fun at Safeways
Their Living Well Promotion Buy $30 get $10 oynp (on your next purchase).
This promotion goes till 5/5/09
(pictures go from last purchase to first purchase)

I made this transaction this morning. (Thursday the 23rd)
I purchased....

2 Capri Suns $1.99each used 2 $1 coupons +a bonus safeway .50coupon (on one only) + when you buy two you get this koolaid zipper pouch free. (unadvertised)

4 Arrowhead 6pack water $1.99each used 2 $1 coupons ** when you buy 2 the catalina spits out a $1 off 2 coupon + a $2 oynp

2 Electrasol $3.99each used 2 $2.50 coupons

Hershey candy Bars $1.69each used 5 $1 coupons **I had heard that when you buy $10 worth chocolate you get $4 off automatically. THIS DID NOT HAPPEN?

I also used $12 in catalinas from my previous transaction.

Total before coupons = $30.06 after coupons

I PAID= $3.82 + I got $10 Living Well Cat. + 2 $2 cats. from the water.

These next Transactions have been through the last few weeks...

Look for peelies on products there are $2 peelies on the big packages of string cheese but you can use them on the smaller packages. Plus the Macaroni and Cheese 5 pack have peelies as well purchase a 5 pack and get a caprisun free.

I made allot of mistakes on this transaction like I forgot to give the Lady $6 worth of coupons.

I do want to express that you should always double check your reciept. My drinkable yogurts rang up at $4.99 when they were suppose to be $3 so of coarse I drove back to the store and had them take care of it. (That's a $2 mistake on their part) (I had a coupon for $1.50 + marked down $1.50 can you say FREE)

The other good thing about this transaction is my cereal will be free after rebate.

I can't find my recipet at this time so I can't give you a total.

Total =$7.23 + $18 in cats.


Here is a good example of double dipping into a promo.
Healthy Choice frozen meals where part of the LW Promo + there is a deal right now when you buy 5 get $5 off . Which means... Say you bought 10 total $29.90 throw in a box of tissue or something to bring you up to the $30 mark(living Well promo item) $30-10 from buying
(2sets of) 5 brings you down to $20 plus any coupons you might have (I got mine to less than a $1) Plus you get $10 back. I hope this helps I know it's confusing.
My Total on this purchase was $53.50 ($156.28 worth of food)
I could have done better if I would have split my transaction (I am still trying to fight it)
However...I am sending in for a $20 Rebate for my Ham plus I got $10 cat + $14 in cats from water and bertolli pasta sauce =$44 + hopefully another $10 cat we will see.
$53.50-$44= $9.50 When all is said and done or they will have paid me $.50 if I get another $10 cat.

Look for printable coupons on-line... There was a $2 coupon for All (you can usually print twice)
there is also a $1.50 coupon for the yogurt.
This Transaction after coupons and cats. =$12.14 + $16 in cats. and $1 coupon for my water.
try to double dip on promotions by buying things that will spit out catalinas.

Gatorade had $2 peelies on them.
The Tissue ended up being .49 with the $1 coupon you can find this on special Living Well adds.
also look for mark downs (these where marked down just because he had an overload of them)
ALSO re-use your plastic bags or use bags from home and save .03 per bag. Not allot of savings but every little bit helps.
This Transaction came to $9.43 + I recieved $10 cat.

I hope you can find this helpful.
Leave any comments that you have or any help you may need.




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is a great blog. If they only did half of what you put on here they would be saving big time.

Anonymous said...

You constantly amaze me with everything you figure out! My guess for the spaghetti dinner is $1.50 OOP. (That sounds crazy low to me and yet at the same time, I bet you were able to get everything for even less!)
-Jennica